The Art.on.Wires Media Festival is a laboratory, hacker space and meeting point for performing artists, creative media professionals and multimedia engineers. Under the main theme live, distributed and networked art we will explore concepts for remote presence and discuss ideas for merging distant realities into a local performance space.
For five days, May 25-29, 2011 we will host workshops, keynote talks, networked performances, interactive installations and a media hacker lab at Chateu Neuf in Oslo and in parallel at live connected locations world-wide. This year's Art.on.Wires Festival is organised in conjunction with the NIME'2011 conference. The festival will end the day before NIME starts on May 30 and NIME participants will be able to attend Art.on.Wires for a reduced fee.
We will release our festival schedule and open our ticket presale in late March.
- Art.on.Wires Society, Alexander Eichhorn and Ulli Dibowski
- Simula Research Laboratory, Media Performance Group, Alexander Eichhorn, Carsten Griwodz, Pål Halvorsen
- University of Oslo, Networked and Distributed Systems Department, Frank Eliassen, Carsten Griwodz, Pål Halvorsen
- University of Oslo, Department of Musicology, Alexander Refsum Jensenius
- University of Tromsø, Music Conservatory, Jason Geistweidt
- Technical University of Ilmenau, Forschungsgemeinschaft elektronische Medien e.V., FeM Streaming Team
- The World Opera Association
- Norwegian Music Academy
You can find an overview about last year's festival here. Below are some impressions of Art.on.Wires 2010: